Thank you for choosing Imaging Healthcare Specialists for your care. We encourage you to become familiar with your insurance benefits before you arrive for a visit, and to understand which services require out-of-pocket payment.
Insurance Deductibles, Coinsurance, & Co-Payments
Most insurance companies require a co-payment, coinsurance, and/or a yearly deductible. Co-Payments, coinsurance, and un-met deductibles will be allocated to your out-of-pocket expense and payment will be required at the time of your visit. For questions about coverage or out-of-pocket expense, contact your insurance company prior to your visit. The contact information is usually printed on your health insurance card.
Authorization for Imaging Services
Before you receive certain types of imaging services, your insurance company may require your doctor to submit a referral for those services and/or a request for authorization. Imaging Healthcare Specialists will work with your physician to obtain authorization for all imaging services as required by your insurance plan. Once your plan reviews the request — a process that can take up to 30 business days — they will let your provider and IHS know whether the request was approved or denied. IHS will then let you know about your insurance company’s decision. We are happy to reschedule your study to allow time to obtain all necessary authorizations for services so as not to increase out-of-pocket expenses to you.
Billing for Imaging Services
Prior to your imaging service(s), you will be provided with an estimate of out-of-pocket expenses due prior to your appointment. You may receive a bill after your appointment even if you made a payment prior to your appointment. Some common reasons for an additional bill include:
- Your health insurance plan may require you to pay additional co-pay, coinsurance, or deductible amounts
- It may take several business days for your payment to be processed by our payment team and then deducted from the amount you now owe
- You may have received care that was not covered by your health insurance plan
Once you receive a bill for any remaining charges due, please pay it within 30 days. If you don’t pay each bill in full within 30 days, you will receive another bill the following month for the remaining balance due.
Accepted Insurance Providers for Imaging Healthcare Specialists
Imaging Healthcare Specialists is contracted with many insurance carriers including PPOs, HMOs, Indemnity, Government contracts and other payers, and is required to submit claims for all covered imaging studies per contractual agreements. Pricing is based upon Global Fee Schedules and contractual agreements that are not reflected our One Simple Fee Schedule for patients who don’t have insurance or wish to pay out of pocket. Some insurances accepted by IHS include:
- Aetna PPO/POS/HMO
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO/POS/HMO
- Blue Shield Promise Health Plan
- Brand New Day
- Cigna Healthcare PPO/POS/HMO
- Community Health Group
- Greater Tri-CIty IPA
- Health Excel
- Health Net
- Humana PPO/HMO
- Imperial County Physicians
- Imperial Health Holdings Medical Group
- Mercy Physicians Medical Group
- Primary Care Associates Medical Group
- Primary Care Associates of California of San Diego
- Rady Children’s Health Network
- Scripps Health Plan Services
- Scripps Physicians Medical Group
- Sharp Community Medical Group
- Sharp Health Care
- Sharp Health Plan
- United Healthcare PPO
- Vantage Medical Group
- YoUnity Medical Affiliates, IPA
Other insurances are accepted that may not be included on this list. If your insurance is not listed here, please call our office at 858-658-6500 to confirm it is accepted. Please have your insurance card in hand when you call.