Varicose & Spider Vein Therapy
Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVLT)
The No-Surgery, No-Scar Way to Treat Varicose Veins
Remember life before bulging, twisted varicose veins? You can have that freedom again with the EVLT procedure. Tens of millions of people – up to 40% of women and 25% of men – suffer from this condition. Traditionally, painful surgery was the best treatment option. Now there’s safe, fast, and comfortable EVLT (Endovenous Laser Therapy).
The Endovenous (EVLT) Procedure at our Vein Clinics:
EVLT is a quick, minimally invasive laser procedure that leaves no scar and can be performed in our office by highly trained varicose vein doctors with many years of experience. The treatment takes less than one hour. Here’s what to expect:
- We use ultrasound to map out the vein
- Local anesthetic is applied
- A thin laser fiber is inserted through a tiny entry point, usually near the knee.
- Laser energy is delivered to seal the faulty vein.
- Walking immediately after the procedure is encouraged. Normal daily activity can be resumed (just avoid rigorous activities, such as gym workouts).
For more information on EVLT and other Vein Therapy Treatments, visit ihsveincenter.com
- Arrive at the specified time to allow for registration and exam preparation.
- Notify us upon arrival of any special needs or allergies
- Bring insurance card and authorization or worker’s comp information.
- Plan to pay required co-pays at the time of service.
- Bring a picture ID.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
To insure the highest quality procedure in a safe environment, we are unable to provide child care services for you at the time of your examination. Please do not bring unattended children to the imaging center.
Our Specialists In This Procedure
North Coast Health Center
477 N. El Camino real
Encinitas, CA 92024
T 760 452 7150
F 760 632 5389
Walk-in X-ray Hours:
Walk-in DEXA Hours:
Hillcrest – 5th Avenue
3366 Fifth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103
T 619 295 9729
F 619 295 2549